Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reflection.

Hey wow I never finished that past blog. Eh.

The real reason I'm here is to reflect upon the highlight of last weekend in Sacramento. One event really stood out me and is the reason I'm still awake at this hour. I don't know how I got to be thinking about it but I can still see it happening in my head.

The day was incredibly long...lots of run thrus, tons of naps, and plenty of mini-vitamin water to go around.

The real story begins just around intermission time. We were 4th after a 20 minute intermission so we all began to get dressed as soon as we found out it was intermission. Still groggy from the humid nap I took I stumbled outside to see a bunch of dancers huddled around the food table snacking on left overs. I searched and gathered whatever company members were outside to tell them to change and get ready because we were about to run the formations again to ensure all our traffic was clear due to the last minute changes we had to make. We were down to half our usual army onstage and it was a little tricky getting the story to read without our numbers. What's funny is that the show was actually easier to read this time around because of pats creative genius. He definitely pulled a rabbit out his hat on this one. It was good...really good.

Subi took the lead while I helped him out and watched if there were any traffic issues. I thought we were doing well but you could see the toll that the heat and random rains were taking on our energy levels. It was so weak.

Showtime was approaching and pat was still inside judging and tallying his own score sheets (WTF).

I tried to get thru to find him but the production team still had us on lockdown and we couldn't even cross from backstage to the side of the stage. When I got back to everybody they were already outside and gathering for the pregame boom. We waited and waited for pat but we didn't know if he was gonna make it or not. Nobody wanted to boom without him but we had to. It's necessary for the company to even function right on stage. We made a decision and decided to do it.

We did it but it definitely didn't feel right. We gathered ourselves and started to head back and as soon as we turned pat came running thru the back door and an uplifting rush coursed thru all of us. We hurried back to the cutty spot where we boomed. the air was different...it was so electric I could hardly contain myself. Pat gave us the pep talk about repping hard and to keep character...after all we did have a story to tell. He told us about the whack audience and sorry to say the not up to par level of dancing that was going on. It was up to us to pick the audience up. We boomed harder than we have in awhile...it was awesome.

After the freestyle circle we were up. We tore the house down. After leaving the stage everyone felt good. That never happens.

What an awesome way to end season 4 of the company.

footage:

(via okayplayer002)

-mike

Blogged from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment